Old March 25th 07, 09:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Balun

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 07:16:52 GMT, Mike M.
wrote:

I can get a good match on 80 thru 10 meters except for 12 meters. It
seems to work, but I may be converting more RF to heat than radiating.

Hi Mike,

Perhaps, but without more data, it could be working just as well as it
appears to be.

Would it be better to just use a 1:1 balun between the coax and the
window line?

That is simple enough to check by simply moving one leg of the dipole
to the choked coax feeding the other side (and abandon the redundant
choked line). This, of course, returns us to my observation above.
Without more data, there is no way to say what would be "better."

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC