Old March 26th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David Hooker David Hooker is offline

Default Best tiny directional antenna to get 500m range with at most 100mW at 150MHz?

Richard Clark wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:35:51 GMT, "David Hooker"
wrote:

Hi David,

Presumably, you are speaking of
a pocket-sized, keyring-attached

receiving antenna too, such that it can resolve the point of
transmission to a fairly narrow region.

Yes, I forgot to mention that. I always forget something when Usenet
posting. Sorry.

It would take an especially large pocket to accomplish (not even a
'roo's). Such a design demands complexity in the form of volume at
the scale of 2 meters. You are off by a scale of 100 or so. Perhaps
if your frequency was set to 15GHz....

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Ahhh. OK, if I can legally call this a "radiodetermination
transmitter" then I can use up to 25W (!) at 7.6-7.7GHz; otherwise the
highest frequency I can use is 2.4-2.425GHz at 100mW.

But if I'm in a carpark and I'm using such a high frequency (please
excuse me, I'm a novice) but wouldn't I have trouble with reflections
from the metal of the cars and concrete around me?