Old March 27th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Tim[_2_] Tim[_2_] is offline

Default TS-930s transmit problem

I have a TS-930s That has been in storage for 13 years. I fired it up and it receives fine. Everything seems in good shape except there is no RF output. In the tune mode the VC reads almost full scale where the IC reads low at about 1a. On CW there is no output and I get the same meter readings.

It has been so long since I have used the radio can anyone tell me what I am missing? Oh Yes, the carrier is all the way up. hi hi

I am getting real frustrated. I have been off the air the same amount of time the rig has been and really want to get back on. I can use an old 830 I have here but it's controls are so corroded I am going to have to go inside and attempt to clean them.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks,

Tim, KQ8M
kq8m(at)kq8m.net