Old March 27th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

Default al coax

Richard Clark wrote in
:

On 26 Mar 2007 17:01:36 GMT, Ed
wrote:

With all other aspects of it remaining the same, there
certainly is a significant difference in loss figures when the
dielectric is changed from solid to foam.

Hi Ed,

Actually, all other aspects do not remain the same when you go from
one dielectric to the other.

The size of the inner conductor changes, and with it so does loss. The
loss is in the conductor, not the dielectric.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I will eat my words! My previous experience has apparently been
comparing apples and oranges. I just compared Belden 9913 with 9914...
the only real difference between these two being one has a solid
dielectric and the other a foam dielectric.... the loss differences were
basically non-existant!

Sorry for all the bother!

Ed K7AAT