Old March 27th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Why?

On 27 Mar, 09:55, (Richard Harrison) wrote:
Art wrote:

"---yet I am not finding any documented proof other than emperical
work."

As usual, Terman has answers. See page 882 of his 1955 opus: "Effect of
Ground on the Directional Pattern of Ungrounded Antennas - Image
Antennas."

It`s in the book; math, diagrams, tables, as needed to imagine what
happens.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Thank you for that I will get right on it. I presume it does give
direct relationships between electrical and magnetic vectors relative
to the conductor and ground !