Old March 27th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Rick[_3_] Rick[_3_] is offline

Default Characteristics of Yaesu/Vertex VXA-700 cigarette lighter adapter

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:42:30 +0000, Brian MW0GKX wrote:

OK using a bit of 'sideways logic' I see that the 12V 'adaptor' (E-DC-5B DC
Cable with Cigarette Lighter Plug) listed for this radio also cross
references to a yaesu handy (VR500) I've got that, quite happily, takes a
'neat' 12V in to charge the 2 'AA' cells that are in the radio. So I would
say the 13.8V from your car would be fine.

Good afternoon, Brian.

The point of my question was, I want to fabricate a DC power cord for the
VXA-700 with a Powerpole connector on one end, and I need to know if I can
just feed 12 volts into the side of the VXA-700, or does their cigarette
lighter adapter have some kind of voltage reduction or current limiting
circuitry in there?