Old March 29th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roger Roger is offline

Default Ameritron RCS4

On 27 Mar 2007 18:02:20 -0700, "Dennis Klipa"
wrote:

On Mar 26, 12:50 pm, "Jim Leder" wrote:
I am most likely going to buy a new Ameritron RCS4 antenna switch so I can
not have so many coax cables coming into the house. Question: does anyone
know if this switch shorts all the unused connectors to ground? How about
when the switch is turned off?

Thanks
--
Jim Bob Buckeye
AKA

Jim,

I have the RSC-8V and the manual says that the unit comes with the
unselected leads isolated from ground. If you want them to be
grounded you have to install a jumper and it shows a diagram on how to
do it.

Dennis, N8ERF

Hi Dennis,

I also have the RSC-8 (wire controlled version). I just put solder
bridges across the foil in the proper places. (They have a diagram?)
Of course by the time I got around to adding the "normally shorted" I
had long since lost the paperwork that came with it.

There has been so much corona around the top of that tower, I need to
replace the switch after about 4 years. The coax connectors are so
heavily etched they won't come apart. Inside the box is still nice and
shiny. No, I don't run that much power, but the tower has taken at
least 3 direct lightning strikes a year since it went up. Those are
just the ones the neighbors have seen, so it's likely more.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com