Old May 6th 04, 06:03 AM
Phil Kane

On Wed, 05 May 2004 23:01:11 -0400, Lissette wrote:

Does anyone know what other mic is compatible with this radio or if you
know how to fix the mic for this. It's apparently stuck on transmit, and
I can't find a way to fix.

I used an Adonis table mic with the IC-229H that was in service for
20+ years, the last 120 years on a 24/7 basis until the panel lights
went out. I'm legally blind in one eye so fixing it myself is not
an option because I don't have stereoscopic close-in vision, and
Icom wants $75 to do the job for me.

For twice that I could buy an IC-2100H which has 100 channels
compared to the 229's 20 channels, same power, better "SET" options,
and includes a time-out timer.

And so I did, last weekend, and retired the 229.

As far as the transmit sticking - it's either a short in the plug or
the mic switch. Not too difficult to fix if you can see small details.

I hope that you can get it fixed.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest