Old March 30th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadie Roadie is offline

Default Current Equivalent To The Late, Great Zenith TO?

On Mar 29, 3:17 pm, Snidely wrote:
- Very good to excellent build quality
- All band coverage (by current standards)
- Portable
- Excellent sound
- In general, simply inspires lust

I'm sorry to say, I can't think of any worthy radios.

Any suggestions?

The Zenith TO was a reasonable radio in it's day, but that day has
long since passed. The Eton E1 would run circles around any of the
Zenith TO receivers, no matter which performance measure was
compared. Indeed a Degen DE1103 would outperform one too.

But the Zenith TO is a fine radio to collect and enjoy for what it
was, and how much it contributed to the hobby or radio program
listening. And one of them makes a pretty darned good addition to a
collection of antique radios.

But I suspect that whoever is posting as "Snidely" the sockpuppet
really knows all of this.