Old March 30th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

Default How do I break it to the neighbors

I moved here about seven months ago. There is not HOA, but some
neighbors are rather sensitive to how others keep their property in
our modest street of 34 homes on lots about 70 x 120. I just upgraded
to General. So far, I've got a 40m dipole that is just strung across
the back of the roof, but I plan to string it between a tree and the
chimney when I get a chance.

I would appreciate your ideas on how to calm down neighbors that might
be worried about RF interference, appearance, and property value.

Do they know you're a ham? If not, you could just say its an SWL
antenna. or you could use as small wire as possible to make it fairly
invisible. Not sure what you can do about the feedline, though, for
invisibility... or you could try to put the feedpoint somewhere near an
object that could hide or mask it. I situations like yours, some sort
of vertical might be better....

I wish you luck. I know there are many things I haven't thought of
that may work for you.

Ed K7AAT