Old March 30th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default Coast Guard rescue comms on 6640 usb

On Mar 30, 4:06 pm, xxx wrote:
"Steve" wrote:
Have been hearing them for just a minute or two, but there appears to
be an operation in progress.

I'd better check my frequency lists because I don't recall hearing the
Coast Guard on this frequency before.

I was just listening to NY ATC on 6577 (Fri afternoon 3/30/07) and
they had a commercial flight QSY to 6640 to speak to his company HQ.

Yes, this is actually the same sort of thing I was listening to on
6640 khz the other evening. Pilot had a warning light go off and was
talking to HQ about it.