Old March 31st 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Unrevealed Source Unrevealed Source is offline

Default Current Equivalent To The Late, Great Zenith TO?

I wouldn't call it ALL crap. Just most of it. You started by stating that
you wanted:

- Very good to excellent build quality
- All band coverage (by current standards)
- Portable
- Excellent sound
- In general, simply inspires lust

just like the TransOceanics did, IN THEIR DAY.

Some people felt it necessary to downgrade the TO, and pointed out that
current day radios outperform them. Duh. If I understand what you meant, I
would stick by my original recommendation of the Eton E1. It is the
modern-day equivalent; a premium-quality, high performance radio with all of
the features you are looking for. Of course the lust thing is subjective,
but just like a 69 Mustang inspired lust when it was new, it is of course
outperformed by even the most modest of today's technology.

"Snidely" wrote in message
Actually, it is a question that I thought would bring about interesting
debate and suggestions. I merely used the TO as a point of reference, the
idea being basically to discuss only the very best commercially available
portables.

I am in the market for just such a thing and am seeking input.

Instead, utter crap : (