Old March 31st 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian White GM3SEK Ian White GM3SEK is offline

Default Ameritron RCS4

Roger wrote:
On 26 Mar 2007 14:34:30 -0700, "Brian Kelly" wrote:

On Mar 26, 11:50 am, "Jim Leder" wrote:
I am most likely going to buy a new Ameritron RCS4 antenna switch so I can
not have so many coax cables coming into the house. Question: does anyone
know if this switch shorts all the unused connectors to ground? How about
when the switch is turned off?

You might consider a Top Ten Devices switch. Six positions, full
grounding.

http://www.qth.com/topten/sixway.htm

Although a bit pricy DX Engineering has several very nice remote
switches.

Note that they also sell a weatherproof version of the switch

It's hard to believe that anybody, anywhere sells a "weatherproof" unit
that uses bare bulkhead SO-239s and terminal blocks... but that is what
every company, everywhere seems to do. They are easy to manufacture, but
they dump all the weatherproofing problems onto the customer.

Until someone starts to sell remote boxes that use sealed lead-throughs
with tails of cable, and in-line connectors that can be made truly
waterproof, I will continue to make my own.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK 'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek