Old March 31st 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Antenna Theory Question

On 31 Mar 2007 04:57:23 -0700, "AndyS" wrote:

Yet, I was not comfortable with what seemed like a discrepancy
between
"all the extracted power goes to the load" and the proposition that
the
cosmos and antenna acted like a generator and therefore had an
internal
impedance which must be Thevenin matched for max extracted power....
I resolved it, in my mind, by ignoring the latter explanation
(grin)..... and
apparently it was the correct thing to do...

Hi Andy,

It is a bit of a stumble reading through that, and it gives the
impression that you have learned the incorrect thing to do (although I
find it hard to imagine how you could be "doing" anything when the
mechanics of radiation and reception take care of themselves).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC