Old March 31st 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steven Stone Steven Stone is offline

Default "HD Radio Effort Undermined by Weak Tuners in Expensive Radios"

I am 60 miles northwest of New York City.
I don't expect to receive analog AM broadcast bands signals from NYC
with any level of quality with an indoor antenna, especially with a
home littered with modern electronics that throw noise all over the AM
band. Sure the local 2kw stations come in like gang busters, but who
wants to listen to Radio Disney all day ? To pick up NYC stations I
threw up a 30 foot wire in the attic attached to a free piece of RG-59,
and attached the outer braid to air conditioning air handler in the
attic. Now I get all the NYC AM broadcasters with very little effort
The article cited said they had problems receiving WCBS AM 880 in IBOC.
Depending on his test dates 880 AM IBOC was off the air for at least a
month doing some level of repair or upgrade work on their IBOC exciter.

You can't hear what is not transmitted.

going to be used today in the age of IPODS ?