Old April 1st 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
AndyS AndyS is offline

Default Antenna Theory Question

Cecil Moore wrote:
There is no such thing as a dissipationless resistor.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Andy comments:

Not to make too fine a point on this, Cec, but I , personally,
would consider a perfect 52 ohm antenna to be a dissipationless
resistor......... although, in the cosmic sense, the power that is
fed into it will eventually reside as "heat" in the bowels of the
cosmos.....somewhere......

Actually, .... "heat" is simply EM at a different frequency....
..... Hmmmmm... I see a deep, philosophical discussion brewing
here..... ..

... Me brain hoits......!!!!

Andy W4OAH