Old April 2nd 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Comparing Tuner Match to EZNEC Impedance Prediction

"dykesc" wrote in news:1175504328.939428.90870
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Your values, if they are correct, suggest that Z is more like 32-j110
(depending on the Q of the coil).

Thanks Owen. If not to much trouble, could you tell me how you derived
Z from my values?

Nothing too sophisticated, I plugged them into a Smith chart program and
played with the load until it matched to approx 50+j0. It could be done
with a hand calculator nearly as quickly.

BTW, you might find the line loss calculator at
http://www.vk1od.net/tl/tllc.php helpful, you can specify the Z looking
into the line, or at the load end of the line, and it will calculate the
other for you (using a lossy line model).

Owen