Old April 2nd 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Telstar Electronics Telstar Electronics is offline

Default Cobra 19DX4 pops when going under squelch...

Yesterday, someone brought me a radio to install one of my VoiceMax
beta-test units. I fired up the radio before the installation... and
noticed that the speaker made an annoying loud pop sound when the
signal fell under the squelch. This is the second unit I have noticed
this on. Anyone know what is causing this? Sounds like a big DC pulse
when the squelch kicks in. I haven't had time to look at this issue
with a scope. Anybody else experience this? Any fixes?

www.telstar-electronics.com