Old April 2nd 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
unknown unknown is offline

Default new scanner

I have been using a 996T for about 5 weeks now and it works pretty good . I
picked that one over the other two you are looking at , because I wanted
the close call feature and apco 25 decoding . you can adjust the decode
threshold which is a good feature , here are the problems I have noticed .
When in weather alert mode about every 5 seconds into a conversation you
will get a 1 second audio cutout . That, I dont like and nothing you can do
about that except turn off that feature. Close call works great but I have
not figured out a way to disable or lockout the fm radio band (88-108).
other than that be careful using the USAD software I accidently deleted all
of the programming in the unit and had to reload it. I found the arc 996
software more friendly.
The biggest problem I find is that its made in China , and we all know about
chinese goods are !! time will tell and keep your receipt and warrenty card

wrote in message
well....I am still looking for a new scanner....have come down to
three choices
pro2096
bc996t
bc15t

anyone had the chance to try these radios,

Is there really that much difference in em

I am kinda intrigued by the 3 mile feature on the uniden

thanks
bob