Old April 2nd 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim - NN7K Jim - NN7K is offline

Default I have both the R8 antenna and

Correction Guess I cant type--
try
http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/r7_vertical.htm

and
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/te...craft_trap.htm

Jim

Jim - NN7K wrote:
Try this : http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/r7-vertical.htm

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/te...craft-trap.htm

Tho, this is for the R7 , these are quite similar
except the R-8 also works on 6 meters. - the r7 can be easily modified
to work on 6 meters. useing
a Hustler 2 meter 5/8 (or 6 meter 1/4 wave) to 3-48 mount, and bolt to
the top part of the r/7.
These appear frequently on Ebay, tho are obsolete
from hustler! Cushcraft manuals are also
availible at Cuscraft's website in pdf format.
As info, Jim NN7K

garlicman wrote:
I am looking at buying a used Cushcraft R8 antenna that includes the
"MN8 matching network." I can't find anything on the net about the
matching network.

1. When I inspect the antenna, what specific things should I inspect for?
2. What good is the MN8 matching network. (I've got a Yaesu FT-990 if
that makes a difference.)
3. Anything good to say about this antenna?

Thanks all!