Old April 2nd 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Alex Clayton Alex Clayton is offline

Default Telephone scanners

"bob" wrote in message
t...
I'm disabled and lay in bed most of the day. Looking for a new 'toy' to
play with. And yes, I already know it's illegal, etc., So only flame if
it's a funny one.

I'm in a large apartment complex and no outdoor antennas are allowed, but
just this building would be interesting. I also want a scanner that has
computer set up. And capable of listening in on regular phones and cell
phones. Budget is around $500.

I'm in San Diego CA. USA and was wondering if anyone can tell me where to
look and what I want. Or if a guy wants to build one, or I have to buy it
in another country, or whatever.

Thanks, Bob

The days of listening to cell phones is long past. Almost no analog left.
There are still some old style cordless phones you could hear, but they
would be getting rare now. The digital ones keep getting cheaper, so as
people replace old phones they often end up with one you can't hear with a
scanner.
--
"Liberalism is a mental disorder."
Michael Savage