Old April 3rd 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
krackula krackula is offline

Default Telephone scanners

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:30:45 GMT, "bob" wrote:

I'm disabled and lay in bed most of the day. Looking for a new 'toy' to play
with. And yes, I already know it's illegal, etc., So only flame if it's a
funny one.

I'm in a large apartment complex and no outdoor antennas are allowed, but
just this building would be interesting. I also want a scanner that has
computer set up. And capable of listening in on regular phones and cell
phones. Budget is around $500.

I'm in San Diego CA. USA and was wondering if anyone can tell me where to
look and what I want. Or if a guy wants to build one, or I have to buy it in
another country, or whatever.

Thanks, Bob

hey bob .......

it's what the other posts said about cellfones and most cordless
phones. the era of scanners and listening to all that stuff is
pretty much history, especially there on the west coast.

instead try wardriving for wireless wi-fi APs from your apartment
( instead of scanners ) or FTA / pay satellite channel hacking.

you can probably have as much or more fun doing those things
from your apartment as you would have been able to do using a scanner.
you'd probably be " stunned " at what you'll see when using a
lan packet sniffer on your neighbors wi-fi APs ..... prolly way better
than listening to cellfones because most people think they
have privacy during their web access adventures ah aha ha hah a

look up " hacking wi-fi public access APs " in google .....
type FTA satellites into google or check
out alt.satellite.expressview for more info on these subjects.
plenty of " slightly naughty " technical entertainment remains,
it's just in new and different areas .........

http://www.cs.wright.edu/~pmateti/In...elessHacks.htm