Old April 4th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Non technical antenna question

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:07:47 -0400, "Pete" wrote:

- Is there anything I can do to the existing telescopic whip antenna (such
as wrap it in aluminum foil or something else weird like that) that will
enable the radio to pick up the station I want. And also, please explain
why it plays the station I want when I put my hand on or around the antenna.

Hi Pete,

Neil's terse comment of taking back may ulitmately prove beneficial.

On the other hand you can just string up a lot of wire (higher is
always better) and simply wrap one end around the telescoping antenna.
Insulated wire or not shouldn't matter.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC