Old April 4th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.politics.republicans,seattle.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] zacks@construction-imaging.com is offline

Default Laura Bush Subservient to Muslims

On Apr 4, 1:40 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
You'll be subservient to Muslims too, if you ever meet one.

I don't think that respecting your host's religion is being
"subserviant".

Joseph Welch wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/04/...ra-bush-scarf/

Right Wing Smears Pelosi As 'Subservient' For Wearing Scarf - What About
Laura Bush?

Yesterday, right-wing Internet gossip Matt Drudge posted a photo of Speaker
Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) wearing a headscarf while visiting the tomb of John the
Baptist inside the Umayyad mosque in Damascus.

As Mahablog points out, the right-wing is now seething:

HotAir: "The campaign commercial practically writes itself. Ah well. A woman
must know her place when entering a mosque. . It pains the left too, I'm
sure, to see the most powerful woman in America having to yield, however
slightly, to a misogynistic culture's expectations, but they can't vent
their anger at the people responsible so they'll vent it at Charles or me or
whomever instead."

Instapundit: FEMINIST IN AMERICA, subservient in Syria.

The New Editor: "This picture disgusts me. What message is Nancy Pelosi
trying to send? Are women equal to men, or not? Why is modesty foisted only
upon women?"

Little Green Footballs: "Pelosi in a Hijab. The modern Democratic
leadership. How . quaint."

Apparently they never saw Laura Bush when she visited al-Aqsa mosque in
Jerusalem:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/...uramosque2.JPG