Old April 4th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephanie Weil Stephanie Weil is offline

Default AM IBOC cripples installed base of over 150 million receivers in USA

On Apr 4, 4:50 pm, blitz wrote:

Three in my location completely obliterate 120khz of extra bandwidth
(and some stations offering content I can't get here).

I think that's probably a problem with your particular receiver - too
wide-band?

I have some cheap-ass AM radios that will only pick up three or four
of the big guns at various parts on the dial. Sometimes one over the
other. That's a worst case scenario anyway

But most consumer radios - especially the no-brand/off-brand types -
are not very selective when it comes to the MW band anymore.

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City, USA