Old April 5th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
homepc homepc is offline

Default S 350 DL

I've had my Tecsun BCL3000 for about a year and a half with no problems. It
works just as I expected.

I had a Grundig FR200 radio that I used at the office, but after three
months of use, the volume control got very noisy. I got a replacement, and
it developed the same problem. My BCL3000 did not develop this problem and
all the controls work well. The tuning knob was a little stiff when I first
got it, but it has loosened up a bit since, and it's easy to tune. Despite
all the negative comments, I find my BCL3000 is an all around fun radio to
use. I use a PK AM loop antenna with my radio, and I can pick up weak
stations just fine.

"lsmyer" wrote in message
Congratulations on your cool new radio. I have a Tecsun BCL-2000 (Chinese
version of the S-350) which I really like, and I've also considered the
S-350DL.

How does your new radio's performance (sensitivity, sound, drifting,
tuning) compare with your original S-350?

For some reason, some of the people who post here get really worked up
over the S-350DL. Don't let their criticism ruin your enjoyment of your
new radio.