Old April 5th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Not understanding some parts of wave refraction

MRW wrote:

Thank you everyone! I have a better understanding now. I guess part of
my confusion is that on the same chapter thay have a table on the
electromagnetic spectrum. In it, they list Radio Waves as having
frquencies between 10kHz to 300Ghz and wavelengths of 30,000km to 1mm
(I guess the 30,000 km is a typo in the book). Are these wavelength
values based in a vacuum then?

Yes. And it's very, very nearly the same for air.

The 30,000 km would be a typo -- the wavelength in a vacuum at 10 kHz
would be 30 km.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL