Old April 5th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Lightning 'liability' ?

Spam Collector wrote in
:

I was considering the possible situation that a strike would have hit
my neighbor's house, as it is higher than mine, but since the
well-grounded tower was there it would take the hit instead, but still
damage their TV, etc. due to the induced currents in the area, and
they might blame me for their losses (since the strike hit my tower)
even though the tower might have saved them from a direct hit.
From the responses it looks like I'm probably over-concerned.

It could.

IMHO, the neighbours would have a hard time proving that you were liable,
but don't get legal advice from me, ask a lawyer... and he will give you
two answers.

Yes, you are probably over-concerned. Worry about personal safety first,
and that is pretty much people on your own property.

Owen