Old April 7th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default AM IBOC cripples installed base of over 150 million receivers in USA

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Stephanie Weil" wrote:

On Apr 7, 12:56 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

That article is two years old... it comes from the time prior to the
official audience introduction of HD, and predates the final HD
firmware and
software revisions.

Not to mention I almost had to laugh at the stink about WDMV "trying"
to serve Washington DC with their secondary contour. When this is
some ****-powered thing located in some suburb between Baltimore and
Washington.

Show me how a receiver tuned to a local station IN its primary
service contour is being crippled by IBOC.

How about a station screwing itself up? KOGO 600 sounds like crap with
the sync detector set to either USB or LSB.

IBOC cripples plenty of distant stations.

What part of "you are outside the station's coverage range" do you not
understand?

What part of "the nut doesn't fall to far from the tree" do you not understand?

Run along, remittance man.