Old April 7th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tester Tester is offline

Default Easy QSL From CHWO-AM740

On 7 Apr 2007 10:44:46 -0700, "ve3..." wrote:

CHWO AM740 will QSL all correct reception reports. Most of the reports
come from Canada and the US but they have received reports from
overseas. The reports can be sent by email or post office.

They have very good audio for a skywave MW station a few hundred miles
away.

I remember back in the mid 1960's when I used to listen to Jean
Shepherd on WOR 710 at 10:15 PM and then to the CBC radio drama around
11:05 P.M. usually on "CBL" which had 740 before the Ceeb abandonned
medium wave in Toronto. (occassionally on "CBM", another lost CBC MW
outlet)

(I put the call letters in quotes because they violate international
treaty - CB = Chile.)