Old April 8th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bob Liesenfeld Bob Liesenfeld is offline

Default simple(?) question...

Hey Bob,

I am feeding a signal from my RF signal generator to the circuit on my
workbench. I mention harmonics because the sinewave goes from nice and
clean to "blurry" and looking "smeared" across the screen of my O-scope.
I may *be* overloading it, but I thought that would result in clipping of
the waveform. I have the signal generator set to attenuate the signal
severely, and *thought* that would prevent overloading. Maybe not...

Back to work on it some more, and try to make sure I am not overloading
the device.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi again Dave,
It is also possible that the circuit is oscillating. I have seen amps are
ok with no input signal but will break into oscillation when a certain
freq/amplitude input signal is applied (and vice versa). How did you build
this thing? Circuit board, protoboard, dead bug.....???

Bob