Old April 8th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Invader3K Invader3K is offline

Default why Bother getting a licence to use a GMRS radio?

On Apr 8, 11:05 am, John wrote:
"WILLIAM BALDWIN JR" wrote innews
seems to me, they would make more money by lowering it to at least $40
or so. People might actually be tempted to pay it.

Instead they raise it about $5 a year. I really wonder if they actually
expect folks to pay.

I know lots of people with walkie-talkies, and don't know of a single
one ever mentioning that they have a license.

Don't see the point in bothering. It's just a way for the FCC to
collect money on something they can't feasibly regulate anyway.