Old April 8th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Rescue comms on 5717 khz

Steve wrote:

On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

I was hearing them on 5717, though they've gone silent for the last
few minutes.

I've Halifax in here good on 5717. Not sure who was on there so weak earlier.