Old April 9th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default RF amp help

"Jimmie D" wrote in message
I am trying to build a small class C RF amp for 160 AM. The amp is to be
plated modulated and I have about 12 watts of audio available. I have built
amps before(30 years ago) but I have never built one around a modulator,
previously I built the modulator to suit the amp. Any help with tube and
voltage selections would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmie

You have about enough audio power to plate modulate a 25 watt input amp.
Maybe something using a 2E26 or a 6DQ6 tube.

As Cecil mentioned you may want to modulate the screen of a pair of 6146
tubes or similar to get enough power out to make it worthwhile.