Old April 9th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadie Roadie is offline

Default Imus Update

On Apr 9, 11:42 am, "ve3..." wrote:
I watched Imus this morning until 8:00 and he was quite rattled at
times. He apologised profusely for his comments about the Rutgers team
and indicated that his show would be more politically correct for the
"next 4 or 5 years".
He had spent much of the weekend consulting with Al Sharpton and
the head of the First Baptist Church and they both agreed that he was
fundamentally a "good person" who made a "stupid mistake" but they
both felt he should resign anyway.
His guests were supportive and I think the New York Times article
He said he would be on Al Sharpton's radio program and network at
1 pm eastern time today. For those not near a station, Sharpton can
be heard at sharptalk.net.
Al Sharpton was booked on Tuesday's show.
The story is still unfolding but if Imus survives, it will be with
a much tamer show. I think another pressure comes from the lawyers.
Imus may be afraid of having the pants sued off him. Stay tuned.

Yes, I heard bits of that rambling apology on the local news. I think
he was taken to the woodshed over the weekend and told to clean it
up. The last thing they need is some group threatening a boycott and
then an FCC inquiry and a fine. I'm sure the Howard Stern record for
fines is big in their minds. This may be what pushes Imus and his
characters completely away from FCC regulated radio over to satellite
radio.