Old April 10th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default NVIS Dipoles Directional?

Rick wrote:
... is that with an NVIS dipole, someone 100
miles away from me would not be able to perceive the difference if my
antenna was broadside to him or oriented in line with him. True, or false?

The broadside radiation is mostly horizontally polarized
while the radiation off the ends is mostly vertically
polarized. I wonder if that would make a measurable
difference?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com