Old April 10th 07, 07:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default NVIS Dipoles Directional?

Rick wrote in
news
Right. That's my point. So, what I'm claiming ... and trying to get
someone who knows more about this stuff than I do (which is just about
all of you) to confirm or deny ... is that with an NVIS dipole,
someone 100 miles away from me would not be able to perceive the
difference if my antenna was broadside to him or oriented in line with
him. True, or false?

I thought that was the meaning of this para that I wrote for you befo

NVIS isn't strictly about the zenith, but an antenna that is omni at the
zenith, and doesn't have deep nulls (dipole low over real ground), is
close to omni at high elevations. The exact variation will depend on
frequency, mounting height, ground parameters, and leg angles if an
inverted V. If you could rotate such a dipole, I would defy you to
reliably measure the out-of-omni above 50 deg elevation with an S meter.