Old April 10th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
RayC RayC is offline

Default Poll yahoogroups to allow new moderators to be appointed

We in the mvt7100 radio scanner group are fed up with spam.

The group was formed before spam like this was an issue and as
mvt9000 moderator I delete spammers membership every week
and make all new posts go through me for 3 months.

I have emailed the moderator of the group mvt7100 for the last two
years and have received no replies at all in that time.

So effectively one can assume they have ceased interest in the group.

For the last two years I have pleaded with yahoogroups to implement
a scheme where new moderators can be appointed and have sent them
copies of my emails to the mvt7100 moderator, I told them that not one
of them have been answered.

I sent my resume as a responsible appointee

They still say to make a NEW GROUP as there is no way Yahoo can help.

We have done that at mvt-7100 new group

Most like me have been group members for years .

WHY IN THE HECK SHOULD SPAMMERS KILL OUR HOBBY
GROUPS, MAKE YAHOO A MORE RESPONSIBLE HOST SITE.

If enough members of groups go and email yahoo to tell them to stop spam
then maybe they will come up with an easy solution to use.

I can suggest an easy method for yahoogroups to use but they are
a Multinational and have heaps of brain power.

Just tell them to use change it now ,not later when we have all changed to
using other hosts for a spam free group messages.

Power is in the amount of emails yahoo gets.

Just copy and send this one