Old April 10th 07, 04:56 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave
Jeffrey Turner Jeffrey Turner is offline

Default Global Warming is Corporation's Biggest Government Trough Yet

Jeffrey Turner wrote:
HD.Radio wrote:

In 1992, Gore published Earth in the Balance, an environmentalist
tract with
a generally apocalyptic view about the damage wrought to "the earth's
climate balance." Likening the supposed abuse of the environment to the
predations of Nazi Germany, Gore wrote that global warming threatens "an
environmental holocaust without precedent" and, while papering over
contrary
evidence, insisted that "evidence of an ecological Kristalnacht is as
clear
as the glass shattering in Berlin. Although the book sold well, it also
revealed Gore to be an uncompromising ideologue, undercutting the
"moderate"
image he had cultivated while seeking the presidency in 1988.

Gore's 2000 run for the Presidency was marked by revelations of his
fabulation and self-creation. On one occasion, he claimed to have been
the
inspiration for the main character in film Love Story.

Gore was quoted in the New York Times December 14, 1997 edition as
saying "[Erich] Segal had told some reporters in Tennessee that Love
Story was based on him and Tipper." The Tennessean newspaper article
indeed quoted Segal as saying that Love Story was based on both the
Gores. Gore's quotation is therefore accurate since Gore was referring
to what the Tennessean had reported.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore_controversies

He misleadingly
claimed to have brought a New York toxic waste dump called Love Canal to
national attention.

On 30 November 1999, in response to a question about what students could
do to involve themselves in the political process, Gore described to a
New Hampshire high school his reaction in the late 1970s to a letter
from a student in Toone, Tennessee, complaining about her family's
poisoned well: "I called for a congressional investigation and a
hearing. I looked around the country for other sites like that. I found
a little place in upstate New York called Love Canal. Had the first
hearing on that issue, and Toone, Tennessee — that was the one that you
didn't hear of. But that was the one that started it all."[13] While the
Associated Press story that covered the speech printed the final
quotation correctly, both the Washington Post and The Washington Times
claimed that Gore had actually said: "I was the one that started it
all". [14]

The Post ran a correction a few days later, but the Times never did

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore_controversies

That's the Moonie Times for ya.

Perhaps most notoriously, Gore in a Mach 1999 interview
suggested that as a Congressman he had played a critical role in
"creating
the Internet."

If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while
President, "created" the Interstate Highway System, we would not have
seen dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him for claiming he
"invented" the concept of highways or implying that he personally went
out and dug ditches across the country to help build the roadway.
Everyone would have understood that Ike meant he was a driving force
behind the legislation that created the highway system, and this was the
very same concept Al Gore was expressing about himself with his Internet
statement.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Glad I could clear up your disinformation.

I should point out that even if Al Gore ate babies it wouldn't effect
the validity of claims of global warming. Global warming is science
which stands (or falls) on its own merits and not on the activities or
other positions of anyone associated with it.

--Jeff

--
We can have democracy or we can have
great wealth concentrated in the hands