Old April 11th 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Must Be A Slow News Year in Canada . . .

On Apr 9, 8:42 am, "ve3..." wrote:
I watched Imus this morning until 8:00 and he was quite rattled at
times. He apologised profusely for his comments about the Rutgers team
and indicated that his show would be more politically correct for the
"next 4 or 5 years".
He had spent much of the weekend consulting with Al Sharpton and
the head of the First Baptist Church and they both agreed that he was
fundamentally a "good person" who made a "stupid mistake" but they
both felt he should resign anyway.
His guests were supportive and I think the New York Times article
He said he would be on Al Sharpton's radio program and network at
1 pm eastern time today. For those not near a station, Sharpton can
be heard at sharptalk.net.
Al Sharpton was booked on Tuesday's show.
The story is still unfolding but if Imus survives, it will be with
a much tamer show. I think another pressure comes from the lawyers.
Imus may be afraid of having the pants sued off him. Stay tuned.

VE3,

Must be a Slow News Year in Canada : Seeing that
you have to comment on Current Events in the USofA.

now go watch the snow melt ) ~ RHF