Old April 11th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadie Roadie is offline

Default Should Imus be Fired ?

On Apr 10, 9:31 pm, wrote:
Online Poll in link below . .

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...?event_id=2875

It's not if he will be fired but when. Don Bigmouth Imus is seeing
advertisers pull their business from his show. He is now on 2 week
leave from the show which will hopefully be extended in perpetuity.

Don is apparently going to meet with the players for them to present
their side of the story. No press allowed inside, but I'm sure the
gory details willl be leaked from both sides.

Imus made an intemperate remark about a very sensitive group and will
suffer much as that former writer for that hunting magazine did. I
forget his name, but the guy was a long established really classy
writer who stated the obvious about assault rifles. They were bad for
the image of the real hunter. The trained dogs from the NRA proceeded
to do their work and the magazine could see advertisers pulling back
so they axed him.

I do feel sorry for the hunting writer. I wonder if an exit like this
will make Imus an attractive commodity for satellite radio.