Old May 17th 04, 08:32 PM
Annette & LJ Dumas

I have a similar problem on USB. My receive audio dropped to barely
audible, and it sounded like people are talking from within a tin can. Got
a friend on air, we compared AM, FM, CW USB and LSB, and I listened to RTTY.
Everything received well except USB; LSB was a little off, I think.
Transmit was fine (5-8, 5-9). Wrote ICOM, they had 'no ideas for
troubleshooting.' Sent it back Friday (5/14) as it's still under warranty.

Will let'cha know what ICOM says!

73

Joe
N2LJD
"chafik CN8JV" wrote in message
m...
hello my friends
I am using icom 706 MKII
on LSB, I get bad reports about
audio and modulation quality, and the output power is too low.
but on USB the output power is normal with good audio quality
and modulation!
any idea please
thanks 73 CN8JV