Old April 11th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.electronics.misc
Bill Shymanski Bill Shymanski is offline

Default RF/antennas hands-on book

"Theo Markettos" wrote in message
I need to brush up my RF and antenna knowledge, which is always

something
that I've almost but not quite understood. I've got a few books on

the
subject (two by Kraus, Electromagnetics and Antennas, and another on

RFIC
design) but they're often dry academic tomes and it's hard to get a

feel for
the subject. I'd really like something along the lines of The Art of
Electronics for RF. The AofE has a high-frequency chapter but it's a

bit
too brief (though I ought to go and reread it, it's been a while).

Any recommendations for hands-on books that are relatively easy to

read, to
give an idea of practicalities as well as theory?

Thanks
Theo

Amateur radio, perhaps? In the UK look for publications by the Radio
Society of Great Britain; or possibly some libraries and bookstores have
the ARRL Handbooks.

Bill