Old April 11th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dave Dave is offline

Default Best ARRL handbook editions?

I have the 1964 and 1966 versions and there is VERY LITTLE difference between them.

They have designs for 4 simple transmitters with power that range from 10 watts
to 100 watts. Also, they have a fairly good 'teaching' on transmitter and power
amplifier design techniques [for tubes of course!].

I agree with the post that responded that they are quite similar within a basic
technology. So, if vacuum tube simple transmitters are your passion, [desire,
wants, likes, etc.] any of the ARRL handbooks from the late 50s to mid 60s
should meet your needs.

NS7F wrote:

Hello all,
I have discovered how much fun tubes can be, and am in the process of
planning one or more transmitters to go along with my 2-tube
regenerative receiver. Now, I'm only 23 years old, so I'm in the
process of researching hollow state technology. Could you please put
together a short list of the "best" ARRL handbook editions? I have 99
and 05- I'm just looking for a few years to watch for on amazon, etc.
Of course, recommendations for other books would be appreciated, too,
but I'm on a tight budget...

Thank you very much in advance for your advice.

Ross, NS7F