Old April 12th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) Kurt Vonnegut

On Apr 12, 8:17 am, wrote:
Kurt Vonnegut attended Cornell University.(Chemistry) He earned an MA
from University of Chicago.His career at Cornell University was cut
short by his enlisting in the U.S.Army.December 22,1944 he was captured
in the Battle of the Bulge while a Battalion Scout with the 106 Infantry
Division.May 22,1945,Vonnegut was released to return to the U.S.He was
awarded the Purple Heart.A survivor of the firebombing of
Dresden,Germany in World War Two.(Source,Internet Movie Data Base.www.imdb.com)

www.devilfinder.com Dresden Exhibit Jackson Mississippi

About the only industry that was in Dresden,Germany in World War Two was
Chinaware and I don't remember what the other industry was,but it had
nothing to do with War Materiel.Dresden,Germany was firebombed for
absolutely NO ''reason'' at all.

There is an elderly guy who lives down the street from me.He was in the
149th Signal Company,U.S.Army in Europe in World War Two,he worked in
Motor Pool.He once told me his Company was heading to Bastogne at the
tail end of the Battle of the Bulge.This evening or tomorrow,I am going
to ask him if he ever met Kurt Vonnegut.
cuhulin

The Bombing of Dresden in World War II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing...n_World_War_II
Dresden was a key Germany Military Troops Transportion Hub
* "The list sent back to him included oil plants, tank and aircraft
factories and the cities of Berlin and Dresden. In the discussions
which followed, the Western Allies pointed out that unless Dresden was
bombed as well, the Germans could route rail traffic through Dresden
to compensate for any damage caused to Berlin and Leipzig."
* "Soviet military intelligence asserted that trains stuck in the
main station were troop trains passing through Dresden to the
front."

and now you know ~ RHF