Old April 12th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Smith Chart program

K7ITM wrote:

Darn, sorry that WinSMITH is no longer available. Hope you'll
continue to support that format for those of us with that program.
Based on what I just found, I don't have any reason to quit using it.

You might try LLSmith from http://tools.rfdude.com/RFdude_Smith...t_program.html.
I don't like it as much as WinSMITH, but it looks like it does
somewhat similar things. I found it via a Google search, which led me
among other places to http://www.sss-mag.com/smith.html and
http://www.circuitsage.com/matching.html. The latter one provided the
link to LLSmith. I think I have a useable version of Motorola's Smith
chart program somewhere, but the version I just downloaded is pure
garbage from my point of view; it may work but it's so awkward that
it's worthless to me.

Thanks, I'll look those up. Negative recommendations are as useful as
positive ones, so thanks for those too.

Don't worry, EZNEC will continue to write your choice of either
MicroSmith or WinSMITH files as well as whatever program I choose for
their successor.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL