Old April 13th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
AF6AY AF6AY is offline

Default What Revolution?

From: Dave Heil on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:13:47 GMT

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:57:35 GMT

I've told you a number of times that YOU are NOT the FCC and
HAVE NO AUTHORITY over amateur radio.

Are you losing control of yourself, Leonard? I wrote nothing about my
being the FCC.

You ACT like it.

I told you that the FCC does not use the word "hobby" to
define amateur radio. It's a fact!

Incorrect as to everyone's INTERPRETATION of regulations.

Any activity receiving NO MONETARY COMPENSATION is generally
considered as a HOBBY. Of course that could be a CHARITABLE
activity...but the IRS can interpret charitable work as the
equivalent of monetary compensation and demand some tax
payment on that. Amateur Radio MIGHT be considered RELIGIOUS.
Cerainly many are devoted to amateur radio AS IF it were a
religion, especially morse code skill. :-)

What do you define amateur radio as? It can't be "broad-
casting" because that is forbidden in regulations (very
few exceptions there). It can't be for business purposes
because that is not allowed by regulations. Are you
thinking that amateur radio is a national "service?"

The word "service" as used throughout Title 47 C.F.R. is a
regulatory term denoting type and kind of radio activity
being regulated; i.e., Private Land Mobile Radio SERVICE,
Radio Control Radio SERVICE, Citizens Band Radio SERVICE.

The FCC does NOT use the terms "green," "tyro," "beginner,"
"newbie," "neophyte," or "brand new" anywhere in Title 47
C.F.R. (including Part 97) as any sort of "classification" or
other identification of radio amateurs.

But...a long time ago the "amateur community" decided it wanted
(terribly) the RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES of multiple classes,
especially the morsemen holding on (with dear life) to their
beloved morse code. The "upper" classes could then look down
(and put down) the "lower" classes in great personal glee.
That seems to be your version of events and it seems that, despite of
reality, you're sticking to it.

It IS reality.

No, Leonard, it is not.

Prove it. Show your work.

In fact, if you'll read your own words, just
down the page, you'll see a guy with a brand new callsign acting as if
he were very conscious of his new found RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES.

Tsk. Sarcasm to the Elite code-tested "Extras" who think they
are the hottest snit in town. :-)

I wrote nothing of NOBILITY or God.

You are NOT nobility or God, yet you act as if you were. :-)

So? I took and passed all the test elements for a US amateur
radio license on 25 Feb 07. The FCC (not your royal asshole
self) granted me an AMATEUR EXTRA class license on 7 Mar 07.

So I've noted. I've noted written that I handed you your new license.

"You handed me [any] license?"

GREAT BIG *FACTUAL ERROR* BY HEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, when you're an unbearable horse's patoot *without* an amateur
radio license and an unbearable horse's patoot *with* an amateur radio
license, it couldn't have been much of a surprise to you.

Tsk, still have that terrible Personality Conflict with unbridled
HATE sticking out all over, ey? Sure looks like it. :-)

I can't actually hear you, Len. Unlike you, I've never ordered anyone
to leave the newsgroup. :-)

You have.

I've never claimed to "work in the FCC."

Quit ACTING like you do. You have NO AUTHORITY in regulating
amateur radio.

I gave you factual information.

Ambiguous misdirection is all WE've seen. What was your AFSC?

*WHAT* did Heil *DO* in Vietnam? Try to be more specific
than "serving his country" or being "in a country at war."

What is it to you, Len? I'm not feeding you information.

You can't tell the truth, can you? FAKES and wanna-be heroes
always use LIES and ambiguous generalities to describe their
past experiences. You fit that syndrome.

I've told you quite DIRECTLY that I've seen what you do with a little
information. You don't have any and I'm not providing it for you.
Now what will you do?

Call you a liar and a fake is what I might do.

You must have missed a bunch of bio material, Len. I worked in
broadcast radio in Miami and Cincinnati, was an outside salesman for a
couple of industrial electronics distributors, played in a traveling
rock band and was ten years with Cincinnati's Big Joe Duskin. You can
even Google Duskin if you like. Don't forget the other classified info:
I worked part-time at Sears as a high schooler and my car is yellow.

Yellow fits.

I made no statement to the time frame in which teletype was used.

Yes you did, in this newsgroup.

What are you going to do NOW, your Grateness? Write Special
Counsel Riley Hollingsworth and demand the FCC take away my
amateur radio license due to "bad attitudes?"

I'm dealing with your attitude this very moment.

Poorly, Grate One. :-)

can't silence my comments...

I can't hear your comments.

Neither can you understand Figures of Speech. :-) Yet you go on
and on about other minutae of English language written words and
phrases AS IF you were a linguistic expert. You are NOT one.

I'm not going to silence you.

You said you "can't hear me." :-)

I'm going to counter you and make you an object of ridicule.

You've tried to do that for years. To little effect... :-)

That doesn't mean there are no beginners in amateur radio. Everyone
with an amateur radio license was a newcomer at some point.

Not the Grate Heil!!! Never! :-)

Only you are trying to deny your beginner status.

"Beginner?" :-)

You're now a neophyte in amateur radio.

The FCC doesn't use "neophyte" anywhere in Title 47 C.F.R.

Do you consider yourself "above" the FCC?

...but not qualifying for the colloquial amateur radio expression "Extra
*right* out of the box."

Tsk, tsk, I've already told you what the colloquial phrase means,
yet you continue to "redefine" it to suit your own hatred.
Naughty, naughty...

I don't want to hang out with you. I don't want you as an on-air pal.
I really don't expect to encounter you on the ham bands.

You certainly sound anti-social. Tsk, tsk.

You know and I know and Jim knows that the 5 wpm Morse Code test had you
beat.

It did? I didn't know that! I quit bothering about morse code
skill a long time ago...didn't make sense to me to keep it so
long just to satisfy some minority amateurs who favored that
mode for federal licensing. The FCC stated publicly in 1990
that the morse code test was not considered a determining
factor for their granting amateur radio licenses...but they had
to follow adminstrative policy by agreeing to ITU amateur radio
regulations ("the treaty" as mislabeled by so many).

Are you saying I could NEVER learn morse code? Tsk, tsk, so
many (morsemen) have said that is EASY!

Are you saying I exhibit "sloth" in "not wanting to learn?"
How could you possibly say that without observing how I
have worked or accomplished in my life? Of course you could
WRITE IT here (no one can hear you scream over the Internet)
but that would be woefully inaccurate.

No, you and Miccolis are carefully phrasing things about me
in a highly negative, derogatory way, intended to insult and
demean. It's always been that way in here. :-)

You got the license the way you could get the license.

Brilliant deduction! Did you spend hours thinking that phrase up?

Tsk, if you have some dispute about my getting an amateur
radio license, you are free to contact the FCC and complain
to them. Mention that I tested with a ARRL VEC examination
team, the ARRL VEC in Newington confirmed that, and forwarded
my test data to the FCC. Mention also your "elite status"
as a supreme authority on amateur radio matters and how you
consider yourself as primary judge and jury over and above
those who disagree with you. That should go over big.

I run into a number of folks who can't do high speed CW and whom I've
never "put down".

Tsk, tsk, you are losing your grip. :-)

Is old age finally getting to you? Amateur structures falling
down and damaging your house? Worked more Frenchmen out of
band?

What was your AFSC?

AF6AY