Old April 13th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Analyzing Stub Matching with Reflection Coefficients

Walter Maxwell wrote in
:

In the thread 'Constructive Interference and Radiowave Propagation',
Owen, on 4-8-07 asserted that my writings in Reflections concerning
the analysis of stub matching procedures using reflection coefficients
are applicable only in cases where the transmission line is either
lossless, or distortionless. I disagree, and in what follows I hope to
persuade those who agree with Owen's position to reconsider.

Hi Walt,

I did not say that, or in my view, imply that, it is your own
interpretation of what I did say. I did make comment limited to Chapter 3
of Reflections II, and I stand by that comment.

Chapter 3 does not discuss stub matching at all, though you may apply
principles that you develop in Chapter 3 to your discussion / analysis in
later chapters, including to stub matching.

Owen