Old April 14th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Effects of TOA

While operating on 10M I have observed that a halfwave vertical dipole
will communicate to different areas than a 1.25wl vertical monopole an
example would be that during a band opening the 1/2 wl antenna may be
working predominantly into New York while the 1.25 wl antenna is
working best in California or was it vice versa. This has proven
useful for me, instead of fighting a pile-up and can just talk
somewhere else. The two verticals may soon be replaced with a tri-
bander and I was wondering if I could get this same type of effect by
tilting the antenna vertically(no change in polarity) with a remote
controlled device. I think it would be pretty cool to hear different
areas of the country pop in and out as the elevation of the antenna is
changed.

Jimmie