Old April 15th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Analyzing Stub Matching with Reflection Coefficients

Walt, before digging into your recent posting, I'd really like to get
one issue settled. I think it would be helpful in our discussion. The
issue is:

Can you find even one example of any transmission line problem which
cannot be solved, or a complete analysis done, without making the
assumption that waves reflect from a "virtual short" or "virtual open"?
That is, any example where such an assumption is necessary in order to
find the currents, voltages, and impedances, and the magnitude and phase
of forward and reverse voltage and current waves?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL